Founded in 1967 to promote the study of all aspects of Victorian culture, the interdisciplinary Victorian Studies Association of Ontario (VSAO) is the second oldest Victorian studies association in the world. We welcome new members from universities, libraries, museums – all those who share an interest in Victorian culture.
- The annual Spring Conference held in Toronto.
- Sponsorship of local meetings in Ontario communities, usually organized around a lecture, followed by discussion, conversation, and refreshments.
- Sponsorship of a panel of interdisciplinary papers at the annual Congress of the Social Sciences and Humanities conference.
- Membership in the Network of Canadian Victorian Studies Associations, which promotes links among scholars and associations across Canada, and membership in the International Association of Victorian Studies Organizations, which provides a virtual directory for the facilitation of research and collaboration, bringing together scholars and architectural preservationists, academic associations and local history societies.
- Political lobbying in support of architectural preservation, art gallery collections, library holdings, and other community issues relevant to the interests of Victorianists.
Contact: Alison Syme, President: alison.syme AT utoronto.ca